Located in the heart of Observatory in Cape Town, a lively student area, Green Elephant Backpackers offers budget accommodation. It features an outdoor pool and barbecue facilities.
Green Elephant is the close to Groote Schuur Hospital, and to pubs, restaurants, public transport, shops, and theatres.
The hostel offers simply decorated rooms and dormitory rooms with shared or private bathrooms. Linen are included in the rooms and there is one dorm room exclusively for women.
A daily breakfast is served on request, but there are also excellent coffee shops, some with all day breakfasts. Themed dinners including home-made pizzas and chicken curry are served on site the property.
A tour desk, a luggage storage space and laundry facilities are available. Guests can use the free Wi-Fi in the public areas or relax in the garden. A vending machine with drinks is also provided.
Directions from the N2 Highway:
- Drive on the N2 passed the airport, after Pinelands, take Exit 7, Main Rd. - Turn right to Observatory, drive through 3 sets of traffic lights (after 1 km) turn right at Chippies Take Away into Milton Road to number 57.
Directions from N1:
- From the N1 highway, take the M5 Muizenberg turnoff towards N2.
- Go along Black River Parkway until you reach N2, Cape Town turnoff.
- Then on N2 towards town take Exit 7, Main Rd.
- Turn right to Observatory, drive through 3 sets of traffic lights ( after 1 km ) turn right at Chippies Take-away into Milton Road to number 57.